Book Margaret Reed
Or you can contact Maggie directly at
AEA | SAG | AFTRA
Take one little girl from Salinas, California...
Add more Broadway musical albums than she can soak up the lyrics to. Mix in an innate sense comedy & drama. And whaddya get?
A grown-up girl in the Big Apple living her dreams as a professional actor with two amazing sons who are both Juniors in school - one at University and one in high school. Thanks to my mom, who for some unknown reason was a big fan of landmark musicals like Camelot, My Fair Lady, Mary Poppins - wait - there's a theme here - Yes! It's no wonder that Julie Andrews was, and still is, a huge inspiration to me toward excellence. And this past year was no exception in trying to achieve that goal in my craft.
2015 was an embarrassment of riches in terms of the myriad roles I was cast to play and the über-talented people with whom I was blessed to have collaborated. Check out the "What a brilliant year!" retrospective video above to see what I mean.
All thanks to these amazing collaborators for a wonderfully creative 2015:
One play - 3 Theatres
- The 2015 Regional Theatre Tony Award-Winning Cleveland Play House, Geva Theatre Center, and The Cape Playhouse Cape Playhouse. Casting Director Paul Fouquet, Director Bruce Jordan, Artistic Director LauraKepley, and Artistic Director Mark Cuddy for the role of 'Masha" in The Tony Awards-winning play by #ChristopherDurang, "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike."
- Josh by Federico Spiazzi. Produced by Jorge Alfaro. Also with Jordan Lage. A Cannes Short Film Corner selection.
- Written in Stone Written & directed by Chris Eadicicco, produced by and starring Katie Maguire Edri and Catherine Callahan Blanchard.
- The Amazing Ray Written & directed by Isaac Chehebar, written by Esther Chehebar, produced by Rob Margolies and Jennifer Sciarra, cast by Donna Grossman Bernstein. Starring Josh Mostel. Margaret Reed as Amazing Ray's (Josh Mostel) wife. Featuring Cathy Moriarty.
- White Privilege Frankenstein Created by & starring Chris Carfizzi. Directed by Ken Dashow.
- The Days of Wine and Roses Directed by Christhian Cristhian Andrews. Starring Rüya Koman.
- By The Dashboard Light Written and directed by Joe Ronca. Screenplay by Sienna Golden Malik. Starring Keith Chandler. Margaret Reed as his erotic-Jeopardy aficionado mother.
- Confabulation Written and directed by Hugh Scully. Starring Margaret Reed as the lovelorn wife in a nebulous triangle.
- Terrifier Written, directed, and Special FX by Damien Leone. Produced by Phil Falcone. Cast by Katie Maguire Edri. With "Art the Clown."
And many blessings and thanks to my agents at PARADIGM, Doug Kesten and Stacye Mayer; my agent Meg Pantera, and Katie Murphy, at MEG PANTERA, THE AGENCY; my voiceover agents at ACCESS TALENT, Chas Cowing, Linda Weaver, Chris Christopher Davis, and Melissa Johnson; and my SouthEastern agents at Houghton Talent, as well as my manager, Brandon Adam Cohen of BAC Talent. All of whom can be contacted when you click on this page.
1. Guest Starring on the quirky & clever CBS drama, Limitless, written by co-executive producer, Taylor Elmore, and directed by Academy Award winner, Peter Werner.
2. My directing debut of a top-secret episodic webseries.
3. Voice recording of an "Amy's Horse" podcast of David Guaspari's comedy play Ninety Degrees of Separation. Executive Producer, Christopher Flockton.
4. Finish filming of Joe Ronca's By The Dashboard Light.
5. Releases of 6 films shot in 2014 & 2015:
Song of Solomon Written & directed by Nelson Farber. Produced by Christine Daum-Farber. Starring William Jousset. Also with Judy Maier and Rick Zahn.
Written in Stone Written & directed by Carlos Amaral Baptista. Produced by Fernanda Malta. DP Dominick Sivilli. Starring Ceazar Reyes.
The Amazing Ray Written & directed by Isaac Chehebar, written by Esther Chehebar, produced by Rob Margolies and Jennifer Sciarra, cast by Donna Grossman Bernstein. Starring Josh Mostel. Margaret Reed as Amazing Ray's (Josh Mostel) wife. Featuring Cathy Moriarty.
By The Dashboard Light Written and directed by Joe Ronca. Screenplay by Sienna Golden Malik. Starring Keith Chandler. Margaret Reed as his erotic-Jeopardy aficionado mother.
Confabulation Written and directed by Hugh Scully. Starring Margaret Reed as the lovelorn wife in a nebulous triangle.
Terrifier Written, directed, and Special FX by #DamienLeone. Produced by Phil Falcone. Cast by Katie Maguire Edri. With "Art the Clown."
Is it Maggie? Margaret?
My professional name is Margaret Reed, but everybody, post-Cornell University days, calls me Maggie. I grew up in the farm country of John Steinbeck's hometown Salinas, California (look on the back of your bags of lettuce.)
Catching the acting bug in the 7th grade as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, I then went on to play leading roles in Camelot, Gypsy, The Fantasticks, Winnie-the-Pooh, Cactus Flower, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, and many other musicals and straight plays, inlcuding one of John Steinbeck's few plays, Burning Bright, in the basement of the house where he grew up.
OFF-BROADWAY, I played Vivien Leigh in Austin Pendleton‘s Orson’s Shadow at the Barrow Street Theatre, directed by the award-winning director David Cromer. For Dinner With Friends, I was named Best Featured Actress by the NJ press. While on “hiatus” during my many years as Shannon O’Hara McKechnie on As the World Turns I won the DramaLogue Award for Other People’s Money with Kevin Conway. I was Broadway-bound in Neil Simon’s Jake’s Women after touring the U.S. with John Houseman‘s prestigious classical troupe, The Acting Company. Keith Reddin‘s Black Snow, Misconduct Allowed, Quiet on the Set, and the Off-Broadway production of The Beckett Plays- Catastrophe directed by Alan Schneider.
REGIONAL THEATRE credits include Masha in Three Sisters, Kate-The Taming of the Shrew, Olivia -Twelfth Night, Ann-All My Sons, Luisa-The Fantasticks, Louise-Gypsy, etc. (Check out my resume for more.)
ON TV, in addition to my long-running role as Shannon O'Hara McKechnie on As the World Turns, in January of 2016, I guest starred on the quirky CBS drama, Limitless. I've also played the recurring role of Felicia Chatham on Law and Order: SVU and have been seen on all the other Law and Order shows, as well as Seinfeld, Star Trek TNG, Spin City, The Young Riders, Empty Nest, The Golden Girls, Blossom, Knots Landing among others.
FILMS prior to 2015 include Christina, Dress Rehearsal, Shelter Island, IMAX: The Journey Within, Quicksand, and The Eiger Sanction.
MY VOICE is heard on national TV and radio commercials, audiobooks, narrations, looping, the video game Saint’s Row 2 and Dora the Explorer.
TEACHING & COACHING ACTORS, I specialize in Comedy, Multi-Camera Sitcom, and Soap Opera technique. I currently am honored to teach SitCom at Jen Rudolph's THE ACTORS GREEN ROOM in Manhattan. And I've also taught at Stonestreet Studios/NYU, US Performing Arts Camp, Smith College, Weist-Barron, and The New York Film Academy, NY Conservatory for Dramatic Arts, , US Performing Arts Camp, the University of New Mexico, and Cornell University. Offering private Comedy & Acting Coaching through my company, Your SitCom Coach, we can meet in person in Manhattan, NY or internationally via Skype. To learn more, click on this link.