Book Margaret Reed
FILM, THEATRE, TELEVISION
Meg Pantera, The Agency
138 West 15th St., NYC 10011
Brandon Adam Cohen
919 Collier Road ATLANTA, GA 30318
Or you can contact Maggie directly at
AEA | SAG-AFTRA
Take one little girl from Salinas, California...
Add more Broadway musical albums than she can soak up the lyrics to. Mix in an innate sense comedy & drama. And whaddya get?
A grown-up girl living her dreams in the Big Apple as a professional actor with two amazing sons who are both Seniors in school - one at University and one in high school. Thanks to my mom, who, for some unknown reason, was a big fan of landmark musicals like Camelot, My Fair Lady, Mary Poppins - wait - there's a theme here - Yes! It's no wonder that Julie Andrews was, and still is, a huge inspiration to me toward excellence. And these past two years have been no exception in striving to achieve that goal in my craft and career.
2016 has continued to provide many wonderful opportunities for me to act; just as 2015 did. I'm equally grateful for, excited by, and humbled when reading the words "ROLE OFFER" in the subject-lines of emails I've received this year. Both years have been an embarrassment of riches with the amazing roles I've gotten to play & the talented collaborators with whom I was blessed to have worked.
All thanks to these amazing people for a wonderfully creative 2016 & 2015:
Two Feature Films, One Play, Two Pilots, One Guest-Starring Role, One Recurring Guest Starring Role, and Leading Roles in a Podcast Play & Two Short Films. (Plus, my directorial debut of a top-secret episodic webseries. So top-secret, it can't even be listed here yet. Stay tuned.)
- GOING PLACES Feature film comedy written & directed by John Turturro. I play the Doctor's Wife (Tim Blake Nelson, as my husband), with Bobby Cannavale & John Turturro. Feb. 2017 release.
- CENTRAL PARK DARK Feature film thriller written & directed by Cybil Lake. Leading role as Tom Sizemore's wife. Starring Cybil Lake.
- GREGORIAN Play written by Matthew Greene. Directed by Jessica Dermody. Playing the 1930's Academy Award-winning screenwriter #FrancesMarion.
- UNDOCUMENTED Comedy TV pilot by Laura Bray. Directed by David de Lautour. Playing the leading role of an undocumented immigrant's lawyer.
- PUPPETS Comedy TV pilot by Ken Del Vecchio. Directed by Dylan Bank. Starring with Martin Kove as my husband, Buddy Fitzpatrick, and Julie McCullough.
- SCISSR Webseries by Lauren Augarten. Directed by Stephanie Begg. Recurring Guest Star as Lauren's character, Aviva's, mom, Alice. Josh Lewis as my husband & Michael Werner as my brother.
- REUNION Quirky dramatic film written & directed by Rüya Koman. Starring with Judith Roberts and James Meneses. Christhian Andrews - DP.
- FAR FROM THE TREE by Natalie Roy. Directed by Jenna Pace. Starring with Natalie Roy as mother and daughter.
- LIMITLESS Quirky CBS dramedy written by co-executive producer Taylor Elmore. Directed by Academy Award-winner Peter Werner.
- NINETY DEGREES OF SEPARATION Comedy Play Podcast By David Gaspari. "Amy's Horse" podcasts produced and directed by Christopher Flockton.
One play - 3 Theatres
- The 2015 Regional Theatre Tony Award-Winning Cleveland Play House, Geva Theatre Center, and The Cape Playhouse Cape Playhouse. Casting Director #PaulFouquet, Director #BruceJordan, Artistic Director #LauraKepley, and Artistic Director #MarkCuddy for the role of 'Masha" in The Tony Awards-winning play by #ChristopherDurang, #VANYAandSONIAandMASHAandSPIKE.
- JOSH by Federico Spiazzi. Produced by Jorge Alfaro. Also with Jordan Lage. A Cannes Short Film Corner selection.
- WRITTEN IN STONE Written & directed by Chris Eadicicco, produced by and starring Katie Maguire Edri and Catherine Callahan Blanchard.
- THE AMAZING RAY Written & directed by Isaac Chehebar, written by Esther Chehebar, produced by Rob Margolies and Jennifer Sciarra, cast by Donna Grossman Bernstein. Starring Josh Mostel. Margaret Reed as Amazing Ray's (Josh Mostel) wife. Featuring Cathy Moriarty.
- WHITE PRIVILEGE FRANKENSTEIN Created by & starring Chris Carfizzi. Directed by Ken Dashow.
- THE LAST DRINK Directed by Christhian Cristhian Andrews. Starring Rüya Koman.
- BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHT Written and directed by Joe Ronca. Screenplay by Sienna Golden Malik. Starring Keith Chandler. Margaret Reed as his erotic-Jeopardy aficionado mother.
- CONFABULATIONWritten and directed by Hugh Scully. Starring Margaret Reed as the lovelorn wife in a nebulous triangle.
- TERRIFIER Written, directed, and Special FX by Damien Leone. Produced by Phil Falcone. Cast by Katie Maguire Edri. With "Art the Clown."
And many blessings and thanks to my agents at PARADIGM, Doug Kesten and Stacye Mayer; my agent Meg Pantera, and Katie Murphy, at MEG PANTERA, THE AGENCY; my voiceover agents at ACCESS TALENT, Chas Cowing, Linda Weaver, Chris Christopher Davis, and Melissa Johnson; and my SouthEastern agents at Houghton Talent, as well as my manager, Brandon Adam Cohen of BAC Talent. All of whom can be contacted when you click on this page.
Awaiting the release of these films and TV projects:
Going Places Written & directed by John Turturro. Playing the Doctor's Wife (Tim Blake Nelson as my husband), with Bobby Cannavale & John Turturro. Feb. 2017 release.
Central Park Dark Feature film thriller written & directed by Cybil Lake. Leading role as Tom Sizemore's wife. Starring Cybil Lake. March 2017 release.
Undocumented Comedy TV Pilot by Laura Bray. Directed by David de Lautour. Playing the leading role of an undocumented immigrant's lawyer.
Puppets Comedy TV Pilot by Ken Del Vecchio. Directed by Dylan Bank. Starring with Martin Kove as my husband, Buddy Fitzpatrick, and Julie McCullough.
Scissr Webseries by Lauren Augarten. Directed by Stephanie Begg. Recurring Guest Star as Lauren's character, Aviva's, mom, Alice. Josh Lewis as my husband & Michael Werner as my brother.
Reunion Quirky dramatic film written & directed by Rüya Koman. Starring with Judith Roberts and James Meneses. Christhian Andrews - DP. SUNDANCE CONTENDER.
Far From the Tree by Natalie Roy. Directed by Jenna Pace. Starring with Natalie Roy as mother and daughter. SUNDANCE CONTENDER.
Song of Solomon Written & directed by Nelson Farber. Produced by Christine Daum-Farber. Starring William Jousset. Also with Judy Maier and Rick Zahn.
Written in Stone Written & directed by Carlos Amaral Baptista. Produced by Fernanda Malta. DP Dominick Sivilli. Starring Ceazar Reyes.
The Amazing Ray Written & directed by Isaac Chehebar, written by Esther Chehebar, produced by Rob Margolies and Jennifer Sciarra, cast by Donna Grossman Bernstein.
Starring Josh Mostel. Margaret Reed as Amazing Ray's (Josh Mostel) wife. Featuring Cathy Moriarty. December 2016 release.
By The Dashboard Light Written and directed by Joe Ronca. Screenplay by Sienna Golden Malik. Starring Keith Chandler. Margaret Reed as his erotic-Jeopardy aficionado mother.
Confabulation Written and directed by Hugh Scully. Starring Margaret Reed as the lovelorn wife in a nebulous triangle.
Terrifier Written, directed, and Special FX by #DamienLeone. Produced by Phil Falcone. Cast by Katie Maguire Edri. With "Art the Clown."
Is it Maggie? Margaret?
My professional name is Margaret Reed, but everybody, post-Cornell University days, calls me Maggie. I grew up in the farm country of John Steinbeck's hometown Salinas, California (look on the back of your bags of lettuce.)
Catching the acting bug in the 7th grade as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, I then went on to play leading roles in Camelot, Gypsy, The Fantasticks, Winnie-the-Pooh, Cactus Flower, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, and many other musicals and straight plays, inlcuding one of John Steinbeck's few plays, Burning Bright, in the basement of the house where he grew up.
OFF-BROADWAY, I played Vivien Leigh in Austin Pendleton‘s Orson’s Shadow at the Barrow Street Theatre, directed by the award-winning director David Cromer. For Dinner With Friends, I was named Best Featured Actress by the NJ press. While on “hiatus” during my many years as Shannon O’Hara McKechnie on As the World Turns I won the DramaLogue Award for Other People’s Money with Kevin Conway. I was Broadway-bound in Neil Simon’s Jake’s Women after touring the U.S. with John Houseman‘s prestigious classical troupe, The Acting Company. Keith Reddin‘s Black Snow, Misconduct Allowed, Quiet on the Set, and the Off-Broadway production of The Beckett Plays- Catastrophe directed by Alan Schneider.
REGIONAL THEATRE credits include Masha in Three Sisters, Kate-The Taming of the Shrew, Olivia -Twelfth Night, Ann-All My Sons, Luisa-The Fantasticks, Louise-Gypsy, etc. (Check out my resume for more.)
ON TV, in addition to my long-running role as Shannon O'Hara McKechnie on As the World Turns, in January of 2016, I guest starred on the quirky CBS drama, Limitless. I've also played the recurring role of Felicia Chatham on Law and Order: SVU and have been seen on all the other Law and Order shows, as well as Seinfeld, Star Trek TNG, Spin City, The Young Riders, Empty Nest, The Golden Girls, Blossom, Knots Landing among others.
FILMS prior to 2015 include Christina, Dress Rehearsal, Shelter Island, IMAX: The Journey Within, Quicksand, and The Eiger Sanction.
MY VOICE is heard on national TV and radio commercials, audiobooks, narrations, looping, the video game Saint’s Row 2 and Dora the Explorer.
TEACHING & COACHING ACTORS, I specialize in teaching Comedy, #MultiCameraSitcom, and Soap Opera technique. I've recently returned from teaching my Master Class - Acting in SitComs & Comedies at Seattle's Playhouse Northwest. Other teaching credits include SitCom Acting at The Actor's Room in Manhattan, Smith College, Weist-Barron, and The New York Film Academy, NY Conservatory for Dramatic Arts, US Performing Arts Camp, the University of New Mexico, and Cornell University. Through my company, Your SitCom Coach, I offer One-Day, & 4-week SitCom/Comedy Workshops and coaching in person in Manhattan, NY, NJ, or internationally via Skype. To learn more, click on this link.