AEA | SAG-AFTRA
2017 started off with a bang when I received a direct offer from NBC's Hidden America with Jonah Ray to play a saucy plantation owner with Lindsey Ginter as my husband. You can see it here on VRV.
more and moreninfLIOHFNAOLHDNVl
Two Feature Films, One Play, Two Pilots, One Guest-Starring Role, One Recurring Guest Starring Role, and Leading Roles in a Podcast Play & Two Short Films. (Plus, my directorial debut of a top-secret episodic webseries. So top-secret, it can't even be listed here yet. Stay tuned.)
- GOING PLACES Feature film comedy written & directed by John Turturro. I play the Doctor's Wife (Tim Blake Nelson, as my husband), with Bobby Cannavale & John Turturro. Feb. 2017 release.
- CENTRAL PARK DARK Feature film thriller written & directed by Cybil Lake. Leading role as Tom Sizemore's wife. Starring Cybil Lake.
- GREGORIAN Play written by Matthew Greene. Directed by Jessica Dermody. Playing the 1930's Academy Award-winning screenwriter #FrancesMarion.
- UNDOCUMENTED Comedy TV pilot by Laura Bray. Directed by David de Lautour. Playing the leading role of an undocumented immigrant's lawyer.
- PUPPETS Comedy TV pilot by Ken Del Vecchio. Directed by Dylan Bank. Starring with Martin Kove as my husband, Buddy Fitzpatrick, and Julie McCullough.
- SCISSR Webseries by Lauren Augarten. Directed by Stephanie Begg. Recurring Guest Star as Lauren's character, Aviva's, mom, Alice. Josh Lewis as my husband & Michael Werner as my brother.
- REUNION Quirky dramatic film written & directed by Rüya Koman. Starring with Judith Roberts and James Meneses. Christhian Andrews - DP.
- FAR FROM THE TREE by Natalie Roy. Directed by Jenna Pace. Starring with Natalie Roy as mother and daughter.
- LIMITLESS Quirky CBS dramedy written by co-executive producer Taylor Elmore. Directed by Academy Award-winner Peter Werner.
- NINETY DEGREES OF SEPARATION Comedy Play Podcast By David Gaspari. "Amy's Horse" podcasts produced and directed by Christopher Flockton.
One play - 3 Theatres
- The 2015 Regional Theatre Tony Award-Winning Cleveland Play House, Geva Theatre Center, and The Cape Playhouse Cape Playhouse. Casting Director Paul Fouquet, Director Bruce Jordan, Artistic Director LauraKepley, and Artistic Director Mark Cuddy for the role of 'Masha" in The Tony Awards-winning play by #ChristopherDurang, "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike."
- Josh by Federico Spiazzi. Produced by Jorge Alfaro. Also with Jordan Lage.
- Written in Stone Written & directed by Chris Eadicicco, produced by and starring Katie Maguire Edri and Catherine Callahan Blanchard.
- The Amazing Ray Written & directed by Isaac Chehebar, written by Esther Chehebar, produced by Rob Margolies and Jennifer Sciarra, cast by Donna Grossman Bernstein. Starring Josh Mostel. Margaret Reed as Amazing Ray's (Josh Mostel) wife. Featuring Cathy Moriarty.
- White Privilege Frankenstein Created by & starring Chris Carfizzi. Directed by Ken Dashow.
- The Days of Wine and Roses Directed by Christhian Cristhian Andrews. Starring Rüya Koman.
- By The Dashboard Light Written and directed by Joe Ronca. Screenplay by Sienna Golden Malik. Starring Keith Chandler. Margaret Reed as his erotic-Jeopardy aficionado mother.
- Confabulation Written and directed by Hugh Scully. Starring Margaret Reed as the lovelorn wife in a nebulous triangle.
- Terrifier Written, directed, and Special FX by #DamienLeone. Produced by Phil Falcone. Cast by Katie Maguire Edri. With "Art the Clown."
And many blessings and thanks to my agents at PARADIGM, Doug Kesten and Stacye Mayer; my agent Meg Pantera, and Katie Murphy, at MEG PANTERA, THE AGENCY; my voiceover agents at ACCESS TALENT, Chas Cowing, Linda Weaver, Chris Christopher Davis, and Melissa Johnson; and my SouthEastern agents at Houghton Talent, as well as my manager, Brandon Adam Cohen of BAC Talent. All of whom can be contacted when you click on this page.
Is it Maggie or Margaret?
My professional name is Margaret Reed, but everybody, post-Cornell University days, calls me Maggie. I grew up in the farm country of John Steinbeck's hometown Salinas, California (look on the back of your bags of lettuce.)
Catching the acting bug in the 7th grade as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, I then went on to play leading roles in Camelot, Gypsy, The Fantasticks, Winnie-the-Pooh, Cactus Flower, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, and many other musicals and straight plays, inlcuding one of John Steinbeck's few plays, Burning Bright, in the basement of the house where he grew up.
OFF-BROADWAY, I played Academy Award-winning screenwriter (the first female Oscar winner) Frances Marion in Matthew Greene's play about the Armenian Genocide, Gregorian, directed by Jessica Dermody. One of the more memorable experiences for me was as Vivien Leigh and Joan Plowright in Austin Pendleton‘s Orson’s Shadow at the Barrow Street Theatre, directed by the award-winning director David Cromer. For Dinner With Friends, I was named Best Featured Actress by the NJ press. While on “hiatus” during my many years as Shannon O’Hara McKechnie on As the World Turns I won the DramaLogue Award for Other People’s Money with Kevin Conway. I was Broadway-bound in Neil Simon’s Jake’s Women after touring the U.S. with John Houseman‘s prestigious classical troupe, The Acting Company. Keith Reddin‘s Black Snow, Misconduct Allowed, Quiet on the Set, and the Off-Broadway production of The Beckett Plays- Catastrophe directed by Alan Schneider.
REGIONAL THEATRE credits include Masha in Three Sisters, Kate-The Taming of the Shrew, Olivia -Twelfth Night, Ann-All My Sons, Luisa-The Fantasticks, Louise-Gypsy, etc. (Check out my resume for more.)
ON TV & DIGITAL PLATFORMS, in addition to my long-running role as Shannon O'Hara McKechnie on As the World Turns, I recently played a randy plnatation owner on NBC's Seeso in Hidden America with Jonah Ray - Nashville. Upcoming TV pilots include roles as an immigration lawyer in Laura Bray's Undocumented and as a zany German psychoanalyst in Puppets. In 2016, I guest starred on the quirky CBS drama, Limitless. I've also played the recurring role of Felicia Chatham on Law and Order:SVU and have been seen on all the other Law and Order shows, as well as Seinfeld, Star Trek TNG, Spin City, The Young Riders, Empty Nest, The Golden Girls, Blossom, Knots Landing among others.
FILMS include the upcoming comedy, Going Places, written and directed by John Turturro as Tim Blake Nelson's wife in a scene with Tim, John Turturro and Bobby Cannavale, as Tom Sizemore's psycholanalyst wife in Cybil Lake's thriller Central Park Dark, as Natalie Roy's mother in her film Far From the Tree, as the confused mother/daughter in Rüya Koman's Reunion, as the love-triangle wife in Hugh Scully's Confabulation, as Josh Mostel's wife in Isaac Chehebar's The Amazing Ray, Christina, Dress Rehearsal, Shelter Island, IMAX: The Journey Within, Quicksand, and The Eiger Sanction.
MY VOICE is heard on national TV and radio commercials, audiobooks, narrations, looping, the video game Saint’s Row 2 and Dora the Explorer.
TEACHING & COACHING ACTORS, I specialize in teaching Comedy, Multi-Camera Sitcom, and Soap Opera technique. I recently returned from Seattle's Playhouse Northwest where I taught my Master Class - Acting in SitComs and Comedies. I've also taught at The Actors Green Room, Stonestreet Studios/NYU, US Performing Arts Camp, Smith College, Weist-Barron, and The New York Film Academy, NY Conservatory for Dramatic Arts, the University of New Mexico, and Cornell University. Through my company, Your SitCom Coach, I offer One-Day and 4-Week Comedy/SitCom Workshops and private Comedy & Acting Coaching in person in Manhattan, NY, NJ, or internationally via Skype. To learn more, click on this link.